Consider Bornstein’s (2011) process
focused (PF) Model approach to validity.
Please access the Bornstein (2011)
article in Doc Sharing.
Bornstein, R. F. (2011). Toward a process
focused model of test score validity: Improving psychological assessment in
science and practice. Psychological Assessment, 23 (2), 532-544.
Then consider a construct (psychological
variable) of interest in your specialty area, and a test (you can use the Buros
website to select one) http://buros.unl.edu/buros/jsp/search.jsp.
designed to assess that specific construct. .
1. Compare and contrast the PF and
traditional models of validity.
2. Describe why Bornstein maintains that it
is important to use the PF model of validity.
3. Using the 4 steps outlined by Bornstein
how would you assess validity for your chosen construct and selected test to
assess that construct?
The assignment should:
· Follow assignment directions (review
grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA
Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication
through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English
and be clear, specific, and error-free. Be a minimum of 5 pages (not including
Title Page and Reference List).