The essay question must be answered with more than six sentences.
exactly, is cyberethics? How is it
different from and similar to computer ethics, information ethics, and internet
What is meant by
the term cybertechnology? How is it similar to and different from computer
3. Identify and briefly describe some key aspects of
each of the “four phases” In the evolution of cyberethics as a field of applied
11. What is applied ethics, and how is it different
from theoretical ethics?
the principal aspects of the perspective of cyberethics as a field of
13. Describe the principle aspects of the
perspective of cyberethics as a field of philosophical ethics.
26. We identified three main perspectives from which
cyberethics issues can be examined. Can you think of any additional
perspectives from which cyber ethic issues might also be analyzed? In addition
to the Washintonienne, Twitter and Meirer scenarios that we examined, can you
think of other recent cases involving cyberethics issues that would benefit
from being analyzed from all three perspectives considered in chapter 1?
is ethics, and how is it distinguished from morality?
is meant by a moral system?
are some of the key differences between the “rules of conduct” and the
“principal of evaluation” that comprise a moral system? Give an example of
12. What is moral relativism? How is it different
from cultural relativism?
13. What is moral objectivism, and how is it
different from moral absolutism?
14. What is ethical theory, and what important
functions do ethical theories play in the analysis of moral issue?
15. What are the distinguishing features of
consequences-based ethical theories?
16. Describe some of the key differences between act
utilitarianism and rule utilitarianism.
17. Which features distinguish duty-based ethical
theories from alternative types of theories?
18. Describe some of the main differences between
act deontology and rule deontology.
19. What is meant by the expression “contact-based”
20. What features distinguish “character based” (or
“virtue based”) ethical theories from alternative schemes of morality?