Assignment 6: "Information Report – Revision"
Choose a household
appliance in which you have some familiarity (e.g. vacuum, toaster, hair dryer).
Rewrite your earlier mechanism report (Assignment 4), making the
necessary adjustments for format and content. If necessary, tighten up
(condense) or expand on the appliance information. Review the clarity and
brevity of content and correct editorial issues. Read the mechanism report
example in the textbook if you have not done so already. The document must
c. A logical spatial order
d. A citation of any graphic(s) if taken from a
In your document, you should:
- Ensure the document is clear and brief.
- Exercise logic in design, including placement of headers and graphics.
- Use appropriate language for the audience and purpose.
- Follow the steps identified in the textbook.
- Cite source(s), including any graphics.
Your assignment must
follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
- Revise draft documents to improve audience comprehension.
- Explain ideas in proper format using accurate details and relevant
- Design effective graphics for visual presentations.
- Use syntax, tone, and word choice appropriate to technical
- Prepare reports, project requirements, and other various technical writing
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technical
- Write clearly and concisely about technical writing using proper writing
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills,
using the following rubric.