Ongoing challenges in the global business
environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to
embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Imagine
that you have been appointed as Apple’s Chief Compliance Officer and must
prepare a 4-6 page paper for Apple’s suppliers regarding Apple’s Supplier
Code of Conduct to deliver via a web meeting. To prepare for 4-6 page paper,
review Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct, located at https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/.
In addition to the 4-6 page paper, you must also create a presentation using
PowerPoint summarizing the important changes and
explanations regarding the code of conduct that you communicated in your
presentation to email to the suppliers after the meeting for future
You must submit both parts of the assignment to receive full credit.
Part 1: Paper
write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent
years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
- Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will
understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their
relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize Apple’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- Discuss Apple’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering workers
- Labor and Human Rights
- Health and Safety
- The Environment
- Identify the key ways that Apple’s Progress Report has changed since last
- Examine the manner in which Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the
organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering
- Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you
have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and
other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your PowerPoint presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to
four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring
that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title and
reference slides are not included in the required slide length.