|Assignment Type: Individual Project |
Deliverable Length: See assignment details
Points Possible: 125 Due Date: 5/5/2013
11:59:59 PM CT
ToolsCorp Corporation is a fictitious Company that does not exist
anywhere. For the purpose of this course, we have located it in Tennessee. It
builds power tools, lawn mowers, lawn furniture, microwaves, and ranges. All
products are manufactured locally and sold through large retailers like Sears,
Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. They have sale papers inserted in every Wednesday and
Sunday paper. Although they have a thriving business in the US and
Canada, ToolsCorp is trying to break into the global marketplace.
At this point in time, you are at the beginning of a project, which will
eventually yield (in six months) a complete business plan for ToolsCorp's
strategic initiative to penetrate the global marketplace. You will need to
consider the strategic management process in building this business plan. In
relation to this process, please prepare a report that provides appropriate
responses to the following questions:
- How would you go about defining the identity of ToolsCorp Corporation and
creating its mission statement? Write the mission statement for ToolsCorp using
the nine essential components in one paragraph. Where would you look for the
information? What do you already know about ToolsCorp that can help?
- What principle (s) would you use in order to prioritize the implementation
steps needed to accomplish the strategic objectives?
- What post implementation and feedback mechanisms would you have in place to
evaluate the effectiveness of the process? What measures would you use?
- What legal and ethical issues need to be considered?
Deliverable Length: The deliverable length shall be of five
to seven pages (cover page and reference page not included). As a graduate
business student, you are required to provide a well-researched and analyzed
comprehensive response to every assignment question. Brief, vague, generic, or
non-definitive responses will not earn good grades.
All individual project assignments require a minimum of five to seven (5 to
7) scholarly sources, a minimum of one per page. You are welcome and encouraged
to use the David text book and the course materials that came for this
For reference use the APA guide available as shown in the virtual campus
under "interactive learning".
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA
Objective: The Objective of the Unit 1 IP Assignment will involve the
following the Course Outcomes and Grading Criteria with their respective
percentages for the Grading Rubric:
- Identify examples of good and bad business practices in the use of strategy
design components. (30%)
- Recognize situations that present potential legal and ethical issues and
develop solutions for those issues. (30%)
- Develop plans to improve business operations. (30%)
- Use effective communication techniques. (10%)
For assistance with your assignment, please