Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment
Review the Final Paper instructions found within the Final Paper link. The
Final Paper is due in Week Five. To help with the preparation of the paper,
complete the following and submit it to your instructor for feedback:
Select three topics. See Final Paper guidelines for instruction.
Develop your thesis statement. This will become the point or perspective
you will argue or prove in the paper. To help develop a solid thesis,
visit the Ashford Writing Center, located under the Learning Resources tab
on the left navigation menu.
- APA Reference Page:
For this paper you need to do research in peer-reviewed journals or other
sources that are considered to have reliable information. In addition to
the textbook, you need at least five scholarly sources, three of which can
be found in the Ashford University Library. For each source, you are
responsible for summarizing the source and how it will help you craft your
paper. You are reminded of the Academic Research standards for all Ashford
- Academic research and papers must meet certain
standards of quality recognized by the academic community. What
constitutes quality, academic research?
- Primary sources which are documents from the time
period being discussed.
- Secondary sources supported by research in primary
- Credible sources (experts in the area of study)
- Relevant research (materials are pertinent to the area
- In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal
articles (journal articles reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant
field of study) is required.
- Educational and Government websites may be appropriate
in some cases but should be evaluated carefully.
must be one to two pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You
must use at least five scholarly sources (at least three of which can be found
in the Ashford University Library) in addition to the textbook to support your
claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page.
Compose a Final Paper that analyzes issues regarding management training in law
enforcement which have been addressed throughout the course. For this paper,
analyze the impact that three of the topics listed below, has on a law
- Differing training standards and requirements
- Effects of consent decree on law enforcement training
- Firearms training
- In-service or continuation training in law enforcement
- Leadership training – supervisors and managers
- Legal training
- Physical education training
- Police executive development
- Purpose of academy training
- Purpose of community policing and community relations
- Purpose of field training
- Technology in training
- Training budgets
- Training focus in law enforcement
- Training management within the law enforcement
- Vicarious liability
Then, address how the three selected
- Affect training, liability, capabilities, personnel,
and community relations.
- Apply effectively to management training techniques.
- Improve the law enforcement organization.
- Promote skills necessary to provide well-trained
officers and leadership.
- Relate to specific and relevant experiences from a past
or current workplace and/or organization.
- Seek to improve the community as a whole.