Assignment 7: "Sample Instructions – Final"
Pick a favorite snack food
that requires you to take at least eight steps to prepare.
earlier sample instructions draft (Assignment 5) to incorporate feedback from
your professor on the simplicity, tone, clarity, and format of the submission.
Review the instructions example in the textbook if you have not done so already.
Imagine your audience is third grade Girl Scouts who have little or no
experience in a kitchen. Along with your instructions, write a 1 page
explanation of the steps you took to create the document and rationale for your
approach. In your document, you should:
- Write instructions and explanations clearly and briefly.
- Use appropriate tone and language for the intended purpose and
- Organize the instructions and the document.
- Provide an explanation and rationale of the approach.
assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
- Revise draft documents to improve audience comprehension.
- Explain ideas in proper format using accurate details and relevant
- Design effective graphics for visual presentations.
- Use syntax, tone, and word choice appropriate to technical
- Prepare reports, project requirements, and other various technical writing
- Organize ideas logically.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technical
- Write clearly and concisely about technical writing using proper writing
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills,
using the following rubric.