For each assignment, you will complete the following steps:
- Click on Learning Materials to Access the M.U.S.E.
- Use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab for this Unit.
- Track your results in the lab worksheet that is provided.
- Complete a lab report using the scientific method.
- Submit your completed lab worksheet to the assignment box.
Using the Scientific Method Lab
Establish a better understanding of photosynthesis and cellular respiration, and apply the scientific method to solve (or understand) a problem. Photosynthesis and respiration are reactions that complement each other in the environment. They are essentially the same reactions, but they occur in reverse. During photosynthesis, carbon dioxide and water yield glucose and oxygen. Through the respiration process, glucose and oxygen yield carbon dioxide and water. They work well together because living organisms supply plants with carbon dioxide, which undergoes photosynthesis and produces glucose, and these plants and bacteria give out oxygen, which all living organisms need for respiration.
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and animation to complete your report. Use the lab 1 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection.