Case Study 1
“The Supreme Court has held that the selection guidelines in the federal government’s Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures also apply to performance measurement” (Noe, Hollenbeck, Gerhart, & Wright, 2011, p. 249).
Locate a recent court case or lawsuit related to discrimination or unjust dismissal by a performance management system. Write a paper at least 500 words in length about the selected court case of lawsuit. You are required to use at least your textbook and a court case as source material for your paper. Be sure to include the following in your paper:
· A brief description of the selected court case or lawsuit.
· A discussion of the purpose of performance management.
· An analysis the criteria and methods used for measuring performance management in the court case or lawsuit.
· A discussion of the legal and ethical issues related to performance management in this court case or lawsuit.
· All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
Case Study 2
Read the case study, entitled “Marketing in Schools” on page 430 of the textbook. Once you finish reading the case study, answer the following questions:
1. Is there an appropriate age that advertising should consider?
2. Who are the stakeholders that will be impacted by your decision, and how will each be affected?
3. What are the benefits and drawbacks to advertising products within schools?
4. What other facts would you need to make a decision, and how might your decision affect the stakeholders?
5. Discuss alternative marketing practices that could be ethical and help the schools to raise money.
Evaluate any assumptions that you make. The case study should be thoroughly discussed, and the written submission should meet the following requirements:
· Be at least two pages in length (not including the cover and reference pages)
· Include a summary of the case study
· Answer the five questions listed above
· Remember to format this, and all written assignments, using APA style.Chapter From Book