1. In your own words, describe three different issues surrounding U.S. education, and provide solutions to each.
2. Describe the significance of declining academic standards in combination with dropout rates. Provide examples of what can be done to improve the school system.
3. Examine different sociologists’ accounts of the effect of urbanism. Describe how urbanization has changed the interaction of people within society. Provide examples.
4. Make an argument for and against the symbolic-interaction approach in schooling.
5. Compare and contrast some of the issues regarding health in the United States. Provide three examples of and create solutions on how these can be prevented/resolved.
6. According to Macionis, “I = PAT, where environmental impact (I) reflects a society’s population (P), its level of affluence (A), and its level of technology (T)” (2011, p. 463). In other words, the higher the population, the richer the country, and the higher level of technology, causes a greater impact upon the environment of that society. In your own words, describe the term environmental deficit, and discuss the effects a rising global population has upon the environment.