Which sentence is in passive voice?
1. a. The suspect was last seen by witnesses outside the
convenience store on Molalla Avenue.
b. Witnesses last
saw the suspect outside the convenience store on Molalla Avenue.
2. The trade union's current leader was voted into office by
a clear majority.
A clear majority of the organization voted the current
leader into office.
3. a. The hairline fracture could have been detected by an
b. An X-ray could have detected the hairline fracture in his
4. a. Bobby must have been exhausted by that long flight to
b. The twenty-two-hour flight to Australia must have utterly
5.a. I am excited by
the prospect of living in a foreign country one day.
b. The prospect of potentially living in a foreign country
one day excites me.
6. a. Hundreds of public works projects were initiated by
New Deal agencies during Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidency.
b. New Deal agencies initiated hundreds of public works
projects during Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidency.
7. a. An 1862 Mexican military victory is commemorated by
Cinco de Mayo.
b. The holiday of Cinco de Mayo commemorates an 1862 Mexican
8. a. By this time tomorrow, the theater will have been
demolished by a wrecking ball.
b. By this time tomorrow, a wrecking ball will have
demolished the historic theater downtown.
9. a. Dr. Hogan's studies have documented significant
improvements in athletic performance.
b. Significant improvements in athletic performance have
been documented by Dr. Hogan's studies.
10. a. On April 18, 1906, an earthquake and its fiery
aftermath devastated the city of San Francisco.
b. On April 18, 1906, San Francisco was devastated by an
earthquake and its fiery aftermath.