Developing an Online
A new dot-com company
has decided to launch an affiliated Web site specifically for individuals
interested in database issues. The main mission of the website is to provide a
forum for database technical tips, issues, and scripts. The CIO and his
technical team held a meeting to draft the requirements for the new Web Site
and decided that it should include the following:
- Technical documents
- A forum where members can exchange ideas and share
- Online access so that members can query or try the site�s technical examples and scripts.
- A tips section.
- Technical support for error messages
Immediately after the
meeting, the newly appointed project manager asks you to implement security for
the site. She mentions that the security of a public database is so important
that the CIO himself outlined the security requirements, as follows:
- The online database will have 10 public host database
accounts that allow multiple sessions.
- The password of a public host account must be reset to its
original setting whenever disconnects or logoffs occur.
- The maximum duration for a session is 45 minutes.
- Allocations will be set on memory and CPU usage to make
sure the database is not overloaded due to excessive burden caused by badly
- Storage for each public host account must be limited to 1
- The public host accounts will have privileges to create
the most common database objects.
- All newly created objects must be removed before logoff.
- The database must have the default human resources (HR)
user account enabled. All other accounts will be removed. All public host
accounts must be able to view the data owned by HR, but must not be allowed to
modify the data or structure of the database objects.
- When a member logs onto the database, all session
information, such as IP address, terminal, and user session information, must
be recorded for future analysis.
You may add other
security or auditing features, as long as you don�t overlook any of the
requirements in this list.
You will need to
submit responses to the questions including all the SQL scripts that you may
have created. You also must provide screen shots of specific portions of the
work you have done, especially the final results and some important
To make a screen shot for Word, use the following steps:
* Have the image you want to copy visible on your
* Simultaneously, hold down the Control (Ctrl),
Alternate (Alt) and Print Screen (PrntScrn) keys on your keyboard.
* Go to an open Word Document
* Paste the image (either right click on your
mouse and choose the Paste option, or simultaneously hold down the Control
(Ctrl) and V keys.
* Resize the image by clicking and holding on one
corner, then dragging the box size toward the center of the image (make sure
the entire image is visible on a single page).