Contract Cost and Documentation for the Navy
Based on the same scenario as in Assignments 1, 2, 3 and 4, you are now
considering the final factors needed for your proposal based on RFP #123456789,
Additional factors to consider are:
- The other local competitor has removed their name from consideration and has
requested to become your company’s sub-contractor due to your company’s patent
on the specialty coating.
- Your existing floor equipment is dated. However, you have learned that the
Navy base has floor equipment which is not currently being used.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Determine the payment type (i.e., receiving progress payments,
performance-based payments, or partial payments) you will use in your bid.
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the approach and the key terms that you would consider in
requesting the use of the Navy’s floor equipment. Provide a rationale for your
- Propose the quality control and inspection procedures that you believe
should be included in your proposal. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine, because of your company’s private patent on the specialty floor
coating, whether the Navy would or would not have a patent infringement
objection for the use of the coating. Provide a rationale for your
- Determine the mechanism for contract closeout your company would use with
the Navy. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references Note: Wikipedia and other related
websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Describe the nature of government contracting, including authority,
responsibilities, and legal considerations.
- Outline and explain the process for developing competitive proposals and
- Explain the process for administering and evaluating contract
- Explain the various mechanisms for contract closeout.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in federal
acquisition and contract management.
- Write clearly and concisely about federal acquisition and contract
management using proper writing mechanics.