Write a four to five (4-5) page paper on the period from the Progressive
Era through the Great Depression.Your paper should cover the following:
- Identify at least (2) two major historical turning points in the period under discussion.
the impact of the two (2) or more major historical turning points
selected on America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
- Speculate as to why women earned the right to vote in the frontier states of the West before eastern and southern states.
at least two (2) pieces of legislation in the Roosevelt–Taft–Wilson
progressive era years that have influenced the conduct of business to
this day and what that influence has been.
- Explain the role that the Spanish American War played in America’s development of an Empire.
at least two (2) ways in which the boom and bust of the Roaring
Twenties followed by the Great Depression affected the federal
government’s involvement in the national economy.
- Include at
least two (2) references (sources) other than the textbook. At least one
(1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases
accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page. Generic
encyclopedic Internet resources such as Wikipedia or Answers.com will
not be considered acceptable.
Student note: Points one (1) and
two (2) above are separate from the rest of the assignment.The paper
should follow guidelines for clear and effectively organized writing:
- The paper is well organized, and every explanation is both complete and easy to understand.
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the paper.
- Main ideas should be addressed in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- The paper should be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
addition to the four to five (4-5) pages assigned, a title page with
the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the
course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference
- Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.