Utilizing the information you compiled for your literature review paper, and the feedback you received from your instructor about the literature review, prepare a 10-15 minute Power Point presentation on your topic, summarizing the key points and conclusions. Be sure to direct this presentation to an audience in the community. For example, if your paper pertained to a topic in developmental psychology, direct your presentation toward parents, or a parenting center. If your topic pertained to substance abuse, direct it toward a community service agency which may use this information for educating teens or parents about preventing drug use, or current clients about treatments and facilities available. Please state in your presentation the specific audience toward whom your presentation is aimed. Include a reference page in APA format, as well as speaker notes and an audio file with your presentation.
Your slides should provide answers to the following questions:
- What was your topic?
- What question did you hope to answer by completing this literature review paper? Explain the practical implications of the conclusions of the literature review and the audience to which they are directed.
- Given the results of your literature review, what is/are the prevailing argument(s)? In other words, which of those is supported by the existing evidence? Be sure to include full coverage of the arguments, including strengths and weaknesses of each of them, supported by your findings from reviewing the relevant articles.
- Did the researchers consider multicultural factors in their studies? If not, what factors may be involved? What multicultural factors should future studies include?
- What ethical issues are related to your topic and/or discussed in the studies you reviewed?
- How do the conclusions of your literature review relate to the various specialization areas in psychology? Tie them to as many as apply from the following areas: biological, cognitive, developmental, social, personality theory, psychopathology, and applied psychology.
- How can the conclusions of your literature review inform the population towards whom your presentation is directed? How can they apply this information to their daily lives? What advice or ‘take home message’ can you provide to your audience based on the research you reviewed?
- What research question could you ask in order to further develop this area of study?
- Why is your research question important and relevant to the current work being done on your topic?
Your presentation should also follow these guidelines:
- It should be approximately 10-15 minutes in length.
- It should be clear, concise, and professional. Writing should be free of spelling and grammatical errors; it should conform to current APA style (including any in-text citations).
- It should include graphs, tables, figures, or images illustrating your ideas.
- There should be a final slide listing references in current APA style.
- The bulk of the text should be placed in the Notes pages of each slide. Keep the amount of text on the slide, itself, to a minimum.
- You should record an audio file of your oral presentation. You should also type the text of the speech you would give while showing these slides to an audience should be typed into the Notes area. If you are unable to use the audio feature, the Notes text will suffice.
- You can refer to the Power Point tips document provided in the Doc Sharing section of the course.
Submit your presentation to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Monday, September 28, 2015.
TwanaRoots_Advanced Psy M3_A3_1.docx
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria|
Describes topic and explains the practical implications of the conclusions of the literature review with clarity and detail.Describes the audience to which the presentation is directed.
Revises the literature review based on feedback from the instructor.
Presentation of information is clearly focused on the specific audience.
Explains the prevailing argument(s), including their strengths and weaknesses, supported by findings from relevant articles.Synthesizes key points established in and through the literature review.
Elaborates on multicultural factors relevant to the topic and to the studies reviewed.Discusses how the findings can be extended to a more diverse population or additional multicultural factors that should be included in future studies.
Discusses relevant ethical issues related to the topic and to the studies reviewed.Describes how they were or could be addressed in the research.
|Relates the conclusions of the literature review to at least two specialization areas in psychology.|
Applies the conclusions from the literature review to specific populations or issues.
Provides well-reasoned conclusions, and pointed towards areas for future research.Provides suggestions for future work that are appropriate and have an applied focus.
Introduction has an opening, provides come background information, and states the topic.
Transitions between slides are present.
Design of presentation (i.e. background, pictures, text etc.) is clear, appropriate for the assignment, balanced and compliments both the writing and speaking throughout the presentation.
|Any written portion (including writing on the slides and in notes) follows conventions of spelling and grammar throughout. Errors are infrequent and do not interfere with comprehension.|
|Using APA format, accurately paraphrased, quoted, and cited in many spots throughout when appropriate or called for. Errors present are somewhat minor.|
Can you please you the attached assignment to complete power point?