As the marketing manager of a major franchise, your job will be to perform the
daily tasks of a marketing manager.
Select one of the franchise companies below for which you would like to be
Edible Arrangements® - Edible fruit baskets – Creates fresh fruit arrangements
and gourmet chocolate dipped fruit to order.
Cartridge World® - Cartridge Company - carries a complete line of both inkjet and
toner printer cartridges. Offers both remanufactured and Original Brand (OEM)
ink and toner cartridges for nearly all brands of printers, copiers, fax and
Liberty Tax Service® - Taxes – provides tax service to both consumers and
- Your plan is to aggressively go after the consumer and business market
creating dual revenue streams. Your marketing strategy, research marketing
mix and customer relationship marketing will be different for both
In this scenario, you will be responsible for conducting the following
- Observing and analyzing market trends
- Examining competitors' products and services
- Investigating ways of improving existing products and services, and
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with
There are two parts to this Assignment so be sure to complete both
Part 1: The Consumer and Business Market
Write a brief paragraph that answers the following questions. (This should not be
in Question/Answer format).
- Which company did you choose as your focus in this Marketing Management
- Where are the company's headquarters located?
- What is the mission statement of the company you chose to study?
- The previous marketing manager developed an advertising campaign before the
marketing strategy. How could this advertising campaign potentially create
problems for the product?
Part 2: Marketing Strategy Planning
In preparation for your first presentation to the CEO of the organization, you
will create a 3–5 page paper.
You will examine how the 3 C’s (customer targets, competitors, customer value
proposition) and 4 P’s (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) of marketing
strategy influence marketing decisions about how you can increase purchases to
consumers and increase purchases for business-to-business.
Your goal is to complete the consumer and business-to-business marketing strategy
planning document. Using the bolded words as subheadings for each response as
seen in the PDF of this Assignment, answer the following:
Goals: Using the SMART acronym, list several objectives
you wish to accomplish.
- The 3 C’s of marketing strategy:
Customer Targets: Discuss the
customer targets (target market), you should have at least two. Provide
for the CEO a more specific description of which customers you (the
marketing manager) want to persuade to buy the product or service.
Competitors: For each customer target, identify a
competitor (brand or company) that may be able to provide the customer
target a like product that would appeal to them.
Proposition: What do you see as the value proposition? What are
reasons for customers to purchase your brand/product. Summarize into a
- The 4 P’s of marketing strategy: Marketing Mix for the
Consumer Market: Describe each of the 4 P’s as it applies to
consumers that would purchase your product
- Marketing Mix: Business-to-Business Market: Describe each of the 4
P’s as it applies to business that would purchase your product
- Competitive Advantage: Using one (or more) of the competitive
advantages below, describe the components of this advantage and why
customers will perceive them as an advantage for your product or service
over its competitors’.
- Cost-based advantage
- Price-based advantage
- Quality-based advantage
- Differentiation advantage
- Perceived quality advantage
- Brand-based advantage
- Product Life Cycle:
Discuss the company’s products in The Product Life Cycle (PLC). Why do you
think they are in that stage? Do you think there is any possibility of
changing the current stage of the Product Life Cycle? For instance, if
current products are in the maturity stage, what can the company do to have
products in the Introduction or Growth stage?
- Increase Purchases: Consumers: Thinking of your consumer target
market, how can you get current customers of the product or service to buy
- Increase Purchases: Business-to-Business: Thinking of your
business-to-business target market, how can you get current customers of the
product or service to buy more?
Provide a 3–5 page (APA formatted) marketing strategy plan paper with at least
three supporting references that addresses this Assignment.