Pablo believes that diversity is the most important issue in our
culture, and that it is greatly underemphasized. On the other hand,
Ralph rarely thinks of diversity, except when it is mentioned in the
workplace. Monica is sensitized to multicultural issues because her
parents are immigrants who still struggle with discrimination after
being here for 20 years.
To obtain a cross-section of what people
think about diversity, conduct five-minute interviews with three
individuals you don't know well, and assess their views on diversity.
You have been provided an Informed Consent document
for the respondents to sign along with verbally consenting to
participate in this assignment. This is to enable that the respondents
demonstrate a clear understanding of the meaning and purpose of this
assignment. While you are expected to use the informed consent form in
keeping with ethical practices for data collection, you do not need to
submit it to the instructor as part of the assignment.
Ask the respondents the following questions and record their answers:
you hear the word diversity mentioned in the workplace, in the media,
or in casual conversation, what meaning do you assign this term?
a particular race, ethnic group, or other minority group come to mind
when you think of diversity? Does one of these groups pertain to you?
- Do you think the majority of people in our culture:
- Respect cultural differences among groups of people.
- Show indifference to cultural differences.
- Lack respect for cultural differences. Explain each choice.
- If you were to make a suggestion about how our culture should handle diversity over the next decade, what would it be?
your responses and write a brief reflection paper (two pages) on your
findings. Specifically address the following issues:
- What did you discover was the general attitude toward diversity in our culture?
diversity more associated with one race, ethnic, or other minority
group than with others? If so, explain why this might be the case.
- Compare and contrast the respondent's views with your own. How would you answer the same questions?
Submit your response to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox by Wednesday, October 28, 2015.
Your response should be at least two pages long. All written
assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing