Term Project Requirements
Your group project has been assigned and posted on blackboard.
Using all we have learnt in this class on data and statistics i.e. descriptive statistics: tabular and graphical displays, numerical measures, etc.; apply them to the traffic data assigned to you on Blackboard.
From your analysis, write a 10 or more page report – double space – and prepare at least a 10 PowerPoint slide presentation based on your findings/analysis of this data.
Specifically, your report should contain/answer, AT LEAST, the following questions:
- How many variables are in the dataset, and what are there scales of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio); which variables are categorical, and which are quantitative?
- Using FORMULAS, GRAPHS, AND TABLES show and interpret the relationships (if any) between/among: volume vs. measurement_start/time, occupancy vs. time, speed vs. time, etc.
- Summarize data for two variables using tables e.g. cross-tabulation using pivot tables (chapter 1, 2 and 3).
- Summarize data for two variables using graphical displays/plots (chapter 1, 2, and 3)
- Summarize the data for two variables using (chapter 3):
- Measures of location
- Measures of variability
- Five-number summaries and box plots (where applicable)
- Measures of association between two variables e.g. speed and volume, etc.
- Show the map of the area where the detector is located: using the longitude and latitude.
The grade for the presentation will be assigned based on the following evaluation criteria:
Response to Questions: 10%
Overall Quality: 10%
The grade for the report will be assigned based on the following:
Content, Correctness: 30%
Readability, Clarity of Explanations: 30%
Organization, Format, Professional look, References: 20% (headings, subheadings, page numbers, paragraphs, table of contents, etc.)
Overall Quality: 20%