Term Paper: Virtualization
This assignment contains two (2) sections: Written Report and PowerPoint Presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is
written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary
assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
According to a TechRepublic survey performed in 2013, (located at http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/data-center/research-desktop-virtualization-growing-in-popularity/#)
desktop virtualization is growing in popularity. Use the Internet and
Strayer Library to research this technique. Research the top three (3)
selling brands of virtualization software.
Imagine that the Chief
Technology Officer (CTO) of your organization, or of an organization in
which you are familiar, has tasked you with researching the potential
for using virtualization in the organization. You must write a report
that the CTO and many others within the organization will read. You must
also summarize the paper and share your key ideas, via a PowerPoint
presentation, with the CTO and steering committee of the organization.
This paper and presentation should enlighten the organization as to
whether or not virtualization is a worthwhile investment that could
yield eventual savings to the organization.
Section 1: Written Report
- Write an six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
and contrast the top three (3) brands of virtualization software
available. Focus your efforts on components such as standard
configuration, hardware requirements price, and associated costs.
the major pros and major cons of each of the top three (3) software
packages available. Recommend the virtualization software that you feel
is most appropriate for the organization. Provide a rationale for your
- Explore the major advantages and major
disadvantages that your chosen organization may experience when using
virtualization software. Give your opinion on whether or not you believe
virtualization software is the right fit for your chosen company.
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Create a Microsoft Word
table that identifies the advantages, disadvantages, computer
requirements, initial costs, and future savings for an organization
considering an engagement in virtualization.
- Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
- Create a twelve (12) to sixteen (16) slide PowerPoint in which you:
- Illustrate the concepts from your written report in Section 1 of this assignment.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the CTO and steering committee in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note:
You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that
have not been established throughout this assignment for a realistic
flow of communication.
- Use a professional, technically written style to graphically convey the information.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the types of organizational and computer architectures for integrating systems.
- Analyze the main classes of hardware and system software components in an enterprise context.
- Discuss common input / output technologies.
- Describe computing technology, architecture, and future trends in processing.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in enterprise architecture.
clearly and concisely about Advanced Computer Architecture topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.