Assignment 2: LASA 1—Informational Interview
In M1 Assignment 3, you
identified a professional in the field of psychology to interview. You
selected an interviewee employed in a psychology-related job that
interests you and developed a list of fifteen questions. You also
prepared a meet-and-greet plan and a script to use at the beginning of
For this assignment, you will conduct an
interview with your chosen psychology professional using those fifteen
questions. The interview must last a minimum of thirty minutes. As
specified in Module 1, you must ask the interviewee
about his or her work, academic preparation, and advice during the
interview. Be certain to include the interviewee's answers to your
questions on the following topics:
- The experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a career in psychology or in graduate school
- Relevant professional organizations
- His or her views on professional ethics and academic integrity
- The role of psychological research in his or her work
- His or her greatest challenges and rewards
- His or her reasons for choosing the field
Once the interview has been completed,
prepare a summary in paragraph format (not question-and-answer format)
detailing your meet-and-greet actions and script, the responses you have
received from the questions you asked, and a discussion of any impact
the interview has had on your decisions regarding possible future
When discussing the impact the interview had on you, be sure to:
- Discuss at least two strengths and two weaknesses you recognized in yourself after conducting the interview.
- Identify at least one step
you can take to address those weaknesses so that you strengthen your
ability to achieve your chosen career goal.
- Write a 3- to 4-page paper in paragraph format in a
Microsoft Word document and save it as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc.
Cite at least two academic sources, including your interviewee. Apply
APA standards to cite your sources.
- By Wednesday, January 6, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M3 Assignment 2 LASA 1 Dropbox.
LASA 1 Grading Criteria and Rubric
All LASAs in this course will be graded
using a rubric. This assignment is worth 200 points. Download the rubric
and carefully read it to understand the expectations.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
|Demonstrated the ability to interact professionally and effectively in a professional environment.
the experiences, skills, and knowledge necessary for success in a
career in psychology or in graduate school. Cited at least two sources.
|Discussed relevant professional organizations.
|Identified the interviewee's views on professional ethics and academic integrity.
|Discussed the role of psychological research in the interviewee's work.
|Identified the interviewee's greatest challenges and rewards and the reasons the interviewee chose the field.
|Discussed the impact the interview had on your decision making regarding future employment.
a discussion of your strengths and weaknesses you identified after
talking with the interviewee. Also included at least one step you can
take to overcome those weaknesses.
- Organization (12)
- Usage and Mechanics (12)
- APA Elements (16)
- Style (4)