"The Effects of Backup and Recovery" Please respond to the following:
- Determine what you perceive to be the most significant obstacle to successfully backing up data and / or recovering data for forensics investigators and explain why you believe this to be the case.
- Analyze why backup and recovery is critical to the system forensics process to determine the potential effects on an investigation when suitable backups and / or recovery efforts are not the reality.
"Email and the Mobile Devices" Please respond to the following:
- Identify the role you believe mobile devices have on email investigations. Provide an example of the added challenges that have been introduced based on the advancement of mobile device technologies.
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research and select at least one (1) mobile device forensics tool that aids a forensic specialist in an email investigation.Thoroughly describe the mobile device forensics tool you researched, including its functions, advantages / disadvantages, and cost. Explain why you would consider utilizing this tool as a system forensics specialist, and provide a scenario where this tool would assist you in an email investigation.
"Email in the Cloud" Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the forensic challenges regarding webmail that are stored in “the cloud” and determine whether or not you believe webmail is easier to analyze than standard client-server email solutions forensic specialists. Determine the legal concerns that may exist when attempting to investigate webmail and why these challenges are of concern. Provide a rationale with your response.
- Go to the Ars Technica Website to read the article titled “Apple holds the master key when it comes to iCloud security, privacy,” located at http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/04/apple-holds-the-master-key-when-it-comes-to-icloud-security-privacy/. Discuss the forensic concerns regarding Apple’s iCloud and how Apple has designed this application to assist in investigations, including email investigations. Determine whether or not you believe end users of iCloud should have concern with the encryption methods and explain in detail why you believe this way.