In this assignment, you will identify specific needs and requirements
of a hospital. This is a formal way of telling potential vendors what
the requirements of the hospital are. This document must include the
- Examine and describe the compliance, privacy needs, and requirements of the hospital.
- Examine and describe the information system needs and requirements of the hospital.
- List current hardware, software, administrative applications, data storage processes, medical informatics, and so on.
- Examine and describe the internal and external communication needs and requirements of the hospital.
- This includes Internet, intranet, security, intra-departmental
communication, inter-department communication, patient communication,
other telecommunications, networking, and decision support services.
- Examine and describe the billing and coding needs and requirements of the hospital.
- This includes insurance and managed care companies contracted
with the hospital and patient billing, payment methodologies,
reimbursement methodologies, Medicare, Medicaid, and any other
- Provide key components that address the strategic needs of the
hospital. For example, administrative, technological, clinical, and
organizational. Review The Tools of the Trade media element, given in
the Resources section, to refresh your memory on what each type is, and
how they are used.