Peat (2004) identifies
several options for career paths in criminal justice, e.g., in law
enforcement or within the judicial system. This week you will reflect on
specific aspects and expectations for each potential direction. For
this week's class discussion please complete the following:
Please respond to all of the following prompts:
- What is the judicial branch of the criminal justice system?
- What types of jobs are available?
- Select one job
performed in the courtroom: discuss the educational requirements and
three key responsibilities that make the job unique. (Clerks of Court,
Court Reporters, Victim/Witness Legal Assistants, Bailiffs, etc.)
minimum expectation for class discussions is to respond directly to
each part of the discussion prompt and to respond to at least two other
posts, either by a student or instructor, by the end of the week:
- Submit one main post responding directly to each part of the discussion prompt.
should be a substantive response to the topic(s) in your own words,
referencing what you have discovered in your required reading and other
may use resources in addition to your textbook that support your
post(s); however, you must mention the source(s) that you used in your
- Reply to at least two posts. Responses can be made to students or to your instructor.
- Responses to other individuals' posts should:
- Expand on their ideas.
- Discuss the differences between your thoughts and theirs.
- Explain why you agree or disagree.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.