Discussion Best Practices
For this Discussion you will write an essay to address the
requirements described below. Your essay must be carefully
planned and written using well-constructed sentences and
paragraphs. Make sure that your grammar and spelling are
correct. Points will be awarded for content as well as
composition. Your essay must be a minimum of 1 page in
length with standard 1 inch margins and include the textbook
as a resource. Read this resource from the KU Writing Center
on how to you cite your sources in APA format:
Assignments must be submitted as a Microsoft® Word® document and
as an attachment or in your post to the Unit 8 Discussion
Scenario: You are a consultant with expertise in project
management strategies. Select a possible project management
situation from your current or future professional
experience. As a project management consultant, you are
tasked with developing a project management plan for this
project. Your goal is to maximize the time, resources and
finances associated with the project in the best interests
of the business/company. You will need to write a
professional memo to the business/company owner describing
the management of the project.
Your essay should include:
- Create the PERT/CPM activity network for your project
that includes at least five activities and at least
one predecessor activity.
- Estimate the optimistic, most likely, and pessimistic
times to then determine an expected time for each
- Determine all activities that are on the critical
- Identify the slack time (if any) associated with
activities in the project.
- Create a Gantt chart to show the project timeline.
Address the following questions in your essay:
- What is the overall timeline for this project?
- What activities are critical for established timeline
of the project?
- What activities have flexibility in completion that
would not impact the overall project timeline?
- What time, resources and money might be affected by any
changes to activities throughout the project?
- What recommendations would you suggest to prioritize
the company’s time, resources and money with regards
to the project?