Using the network diagram below,
your task is to incorporate the devices on the lower right into the diagram to
create a secure corporate network. The devices you need to incorporate into the
network diagram include: Web server, ftp server, vulnerability scanner,
anti-virus server (client-based / server-based), Web proxy, intrusion detection
system (IDS), and authentication server.
Note: All client-based / server-based devices work where a client is installed
on a workstation, which has bidirectional communication with a corresponding
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Determine which devices you will use for both the
current network diagram infrastructure consisting of firewalls, routers,
and workstations as well as the device you need to incorporate.
Include the following for each:
- Make or vendor’s name (e.g., Microsoft, Redhat, Cisco,
Juniper, Netgear, 3Com, etc.)
- Model (e.g., Windows 7, ASA 5500, Cisco 3500, Squid,
- IP address assigned to all devices
- Establish the configuration for each device in which
- Research each of the devices you chose and provide a basic
configuration you would use in your network.
- Use IP addresses to describe your configuration.
- Explain the impact that each of your configurations
has on the security of the entire network.
- Highlight at least five (5) security features for each
device, including devices in network diagram.
- Using Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative to
create a final network diagram that incorporates all devices into the
existing network and ensures the following:
- VPN sessions (from laptop) are only allowed to access
the desktops in the IT department by IT department employees.
- All VPN connections from the Internet cloud into the
corporate network terminate at the VPN server.
- Users from Engineering and Finance and Accounting
- Vulnerability scans occur daily in which all desktops
are scanned at least once per day.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an
equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported
into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning
outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Design a secure network to address a business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in network security design.
- Write clearly and concisely about Advanced Network
Security Design topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style
****Please provide an email address so that I can send you the network diagram. thats needed.