What reforms did the Progressives enact in Wisconsin?
What is the evidence that the Progressives disliked democracy? That they worked to enhance it?
What crises created the Roosevelt Corollary? How did the Corollary change U.S. relations with Latin America?
Why was a revolution in Panama necessary to get the canal built? How did the U.S. aid the revolution?
Why was the Northern Securities case a great victory for Progressives?
Did the court find evidence that the company had exploited its customers?
How did the U.S. become involved in the Morocco crisis? How did Roosevelt justify U.S. involvement?
How did the Hepburn Act strengthen the ICC?
How did The Jungle lead to the Meat Inspection Act?
How did the San Francisco school board create a crisis with Japan? How was the crisis resolved?
Why did Progressives criticize Taft for his support of tariff reform and his handling of the Ballinger-Pinchot quarrel?
What did Wilson accomplish with tariff reform?
12. What was the goal of the Clayton Anti-trust Act? The Federal Trade Commission?
13. What revolutionary changes were caused by the Harrison Act?
14. Why did a huge war erupt in Europe in 1914? What was the official position of the U.S. after war erupted?
15. How did the British change the usual laws of blockades? Why were they able to get the U.S. to accept the changes?
16. Why did many German-American feel that the U.S was not neutral?
17. How did German submarine warfare in 1915 change the traditional laws of warfare against enemy merchant ships?
18. Why was Wilson’s reaction to submarine warfare grossly hypocritical?
19. Why did the Germans argue that the Lusitania was a legitimate target? Why did the U.S. refuse to believe them?
20. Why did the Lusitania crisis soon dissipate?
21. How did Wilson continue the Roosevelt Corollary?
22. How did new laws passed in 1916 help famers and restrict businesses?
23. How did a military buildup in 1916 lead to increased taxes?
24. Why did Germany announce unrestricted submarine warfare in 1917?
25. Why did the U.S. enter the war in 1917?
26. How did the government raise enough men for the army? Enough money to supply that army?
27. How did the government change the economy to support the war?
28. How did the workplace change during the war? How did Hoover manage U.S. agriculture?
29. What methods did the government use to control the economy?
30. How did the government propagandize the American people? How did new laws prevent criticism of the war?
31. How did the commanders try to break the trench stalemate? Why were they so unsuccessful?
32. What wartime conditions caused the French army to mutiny?
33. Why did the allies desperately need U.S. soldiers by March 1918? How were U.S. soldiers crucial to the allied victory?
34. What was Wilson’s goal for the war? What were his 14 points?
35. Why was it very difficult for Wilson to get the peace treaty he wanted?
36. How many of Wilson’s goals did he achieve in the peace treaty?
37. Why did the Senate fail to ratify the treaty?
38. What incidents in 1919 created the Red Scare? Why did Palmer start rounding up radicals?
39. What conditions in Chicago caused the great racial riot in 1919? What triggered the riot?
40. Why were there worldwide protests when Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
41. What is the evidence that Sacco and Vanzetti were guilty?
42. How did the Transportation Act of 1920 change the railroads?
43. Why did the U.S. establish prohibition? Why did the people fail to support the law after it was established?
44. Why did Harding win a landslide victory in 1920?
3. Why did Ford’s wage policy astonish many businessmen?
5. How did new trends in advertising and credit change the buying and selling of consumer goods?
13. Why did intellectuals despise American society in the 1920s? How did Eliot and Hemingway reflect their pessimism?
14. How did Babbitt exemplify the intellectuals’ critique of US society?
7. Why did the Ku Klux Klan grow so popular in the 1920s? Why did it decline rapidly after 1925?
10. How did sports change in the 1920s?
11. Why did Lindbergh become an American hero?
16. What features of US society did Mencken attack?
21. Why did most people like Harding? Why did he experience problems while president?
22. What were the scandals that plagued the Harding administration?
23. How did the US handle the problem of Europe’s refusal to pay war debts?
24. How did Harding and Coolidge change US foreign policy in Latin America?
25. How did Coolidge lower taxes?
26. How did the Scopes trial originate? Why did it become a national media circus?
27. What was the key issue in the trial?
Its a study guide, I Can't seem to find the answers to.