Scenario: You are a consultant with expertise in project management strategies. Select a possible project management situation from your current or future professional experience. As a project management consultant, you are tasked with developing a project management plan for this project. Your goal is to maximize the time, resources and finances associated with the project in the best interests of the business/company. You will need to write a professional memo to the business/company owner describing the management of the project.
Your essay should include:
- Create the PERT/CPM activity network for your project that includes at least five activities and at least one predecessor activity.
- Estimate the optimistic, most likely, and pessimistic times to then determine an expected time for each activity.
- Determine all activities that are on the critical path.
- Identify the slack time (if any) associated with activities in the project.
- Create a Gantt chart to show the project timeline.
Address the following questions in your essay:
- What is the overall timeline for this project?
- What activities are critical for established timeline of the project?
- What activities have flexibility in completion that would not impact the overall project timeline?
- What time, resources and money might be affected by any changes to activities throughout the project?
- What recommendations would you suggest to prioritize the company’s time, resources and money with regards to the project?