Part I Using your Week 1 IP as a starting point, extend the design to accommodate degree programs. The new design should incorporate the following functionalities:
- A degree has a name and description.
- What degree is the student working towards? A student can only work on one degree at a time.
- What classes are necessary to obtain a specific degree?
- Provide the DDL script to add the tables for the new design changes. Include an updated diagram that shows all the tables in the system.
- Write the DML script to insert 3 test records in each of the tables in the system. This data will be necessary to write the queries in the next assignment.
- Copy and paste the work into your Key Assignment document and include screen shots of each step, describe what you did for each step and paste in the actual SQL text used to perform each step. Upload your document to the Submitted Tasks section.
Part II This assignment requires you to take your extended design from Week 4 IP and add proper indexes, a function, and a stored procedure. Your changes will provide functionality used by the teachers for screens such as a grade book. Be sure any code is properly formatted and has appropriate comments.
Part 1: Function
Write a user-defined function (UDF) that calculates a student's GPA for a given time frame. Inputs are StudentId int, ClassStartDateStart datetime, and ClassStartDateEnd datetime. The output should be the student's GPA for all classes that were taken between ClassStartDateStart and ClassStartDateEnd. Also, supply the script to call this new function, passing it parameter values of your choice.
Part 2: Stored Procedure
Write the DDL script to make a stored procedure that returns data needed to display a grade book screen for a professor. The only input for the stored procedure is a ClassId. Outputs need to include student names and grades for all assignments as well as a calculated overall grade for the class for each student. Provide an example calling this new stored procedure, passing it parameter values of your choice. Include a screenshot of the output.
Part 3: Indexes
Provide a list of suggested indexes and the DDL script to create them. Include an explanation of the purpose of indexes and how you made your decision for the fields to include in your list of suggested indexes.
Copy and paste the work into your Key Assignment document and include screen shots of each step, describe what you did for each step and paste in the actual SQL text used to perform each step. Upload your document to the Submitted Tasks.