Focus of the Summary Paper
The ten- to twelve-page Summary Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments as well as the discussion points. The purpose of this assignment is to integrate the concepts studied in this course into a cohesive and comprehensive paper.
The Summary Paper will be entitled "An Integrated Marketing Strategy for ____." You will fill in the blank with a brand name of your choice. It may be an existing or a new brand. Your goal in writing the paper is to integrate theories and concepts from the textbook and readings into your own ideas to create specific marketing ideas to promote the brand (product or service) with a particular target market. The papers you write each week will help you to prepare to create your Summary Paper. Your paper will have the following sections. Each section except the Overview, References and Appendix must be at least one page in length.
- Overview / Executive Summary
- Product or service description, and desired brand image
- Target market, including buyer motivations, demographics & psychographics
- Overall marketing strategy, including positioning strategy vs. competitors
- Advertising campaign, including description of one advertisement
- Public Relations campaign
- Promotions campaign
- Internet marketing campaign, including web site and use of e-mail
- Direct marketing campaign, including Customer Relationship Management
- Appendix (3-5 paragraphs)
- References (in APA style, see outline in the approved style guide)
The paper must be ten to twelve double spaced pages of text including the Appendix paragraphs, plus a cover sheet and a reference page, and must follow the guidelines in "Writing the Summary Paper" (see below).
Writing the Summary Paper
The Summary Paper:
- Must be ten to twelve double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. Title, reference, and any exhibits or appendices are not counted in the paper length.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of Paper
- Student's name
- Course name and number
- Instructor's name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.