For the final project for this course, each week, you will examine several topics regarding the economic analysis of a company and the environment in which it operates. In your report, you will use all the quantitative and qualitative tools discussed in class to examine, evaluate, and present the information requested each week.
Early in Week 1, you need to select a company of interest to you.
While selecting a company, ensure the following:
- Information about the company is readily available.
- The company is listed on one of the major stock exchanges.
- The company is not a financial or insurance company.
After selecting the company, submit the associated information to the instructor, requesting approval. All information used in your research must be the most current data available.
Report 1: Content Template
Discuss the supply and demand as well as elasticity concepts of the chosen company. Incorporate these concepts into an analysis that will validate how the company establishes its pricing strategy.
In your analysis of the company:
- Include the following information about the company and summarize your findings:
- Where is the company's corporate office located?
- How many years has the company been in business?
- Where are the different markets for the company located worldwide?
- What are the company's major product lines, and what is their significance to the company in terms of revenues and costs?
- What are the features of the company's products? What is the degree of similarity between the features of the products?
- Who is the company’s major competition?
- What are the respective market shares being serviced by the company?
- List the utilities the company's products provide to consumers.
- Identify and enumerate the factors affecting the supply, demand, and price for the company's products.
- Examine whether the demand for the company's products is relatively price elastic or relatively price inelastic and explain why.
- Using multiple regression analysis, conduct an analysis of the relationship between sales levels, income levels, and the employment level in the overall economy over the last twelve months. Explain in detail your findings and recommendations using the appropriate indicators from your analysis.
- On the basis of your analysis, suggest initiatives to improve the revenue of the company.
Create your report in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document.
Name your report SU_MBA5004_W1_A4_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your report to the W1: Assignment 4 Dropbox by Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
Cite any sources using the APA format on a separate page.