The chief executive officer (CEO) of a pharmaceuticals company wants to invest in new architecture and art for the company headquarters. You have been chosen to recommend artwork for the new location. Review the following information in preparation for your work on the project:
The vice president (VP) of human resources has asked you to develop some initial information in a report.
Answer the following questions keeping the project overview details in mind:
- What are 3 initial works, on the market, you might suggest the international company consider for acquisition or loan, and how much should the company budget for these works?
- Look specifically at paintings, sculpture, and photography.
- Use information from auction houses such as Auction House 1, Auction House 2, or others, along with other sources of art, sculpture, and photography for sale or lease.
- What security considerations would you have to take into account?
- What are the business advantages of an art collection? How does “art appreciation” extend to the business and professional world?
For each of the 3 works of art, create a brief informational card to be placed in brochure that concisely explains the following:
- The subject of the work
- The biography of the artist
- The techniques and media used
- Some key interpretive, historical, or descriptive information about the piece
Be sure to address the following questions:
- How do the characteristics and style fit the organization and environment?
- Why might employees be interested in them?
Prepare your response as a report to the VP, using Word. Include photos of the recommended pieces of art. Be sure to include citations and references as needed, although it is not necessary to format this as an APA document.
Christie's. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.christies.com/
Sotheby's. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions.html
Purpose of Assignment and Content Development
Demonstrates an outstanding use of appropriate, relevant, and compelling content with excellent expression of topic, main idea, and purpose.
Demonstrates exemplary knowledge or analysis of human perspectives appropriate to the assignment’s purpose and context.
Graphics accurately reflect the assignment requirements.
Organization, Grammar and Presentation
Organization is clear.
Language clearly and effectively communicates ideas and content relevant to the assignment.
Presentation and delivery are confident and persuasive (where applicable).
Audience, style, tone and perspective are consistent and appropriate to assignment.
Format is consistently appropriate to assignment, and follows assignment requirements.
Few if any errors in grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
Information Literacy and Research
Demonstrates outstanding selection and use of high quality, credible, and relevant sources to develop ideas that are appropriate to the assignment.
Sources are consistently cited according to required style sheet (e.g., APA), with no errors beyond punctuation. Manuscript style is completely correct, according to style sheet guidelines.
Demonstrates outstanding or exemplary ability to analyze assumptions and evaluate evidence, complexities of issues, and alternatives. Where required, demonstrates outstanding or exemplary ability to use creativity and originality in problem-solving.
Quantitative literacy - Demonstrates outstanding ability to provide accurate understanding and explanations of information presented in mathematical forms.
Calculations attempted are essentially all successful and sufficiently comprehensive to solve the problem.
Embracing Art: Chapters 7 & 8
Click intellipath for suggestions.
Click intellipath for Student Tips about the intellipath assignment.
Click intellipath for Frequently Asked Questions about the Intellipath assignment.
- Argue the importance of contemporary art and design using key concepts of art criticism.
- Critique the principles and elements of design such as form, focal point, balance, color, and texture in conveying the theme and function(s) of a contemporary work of art or design.
- Justify the organization and value of an art collection for a major corporation.
- Identify historical and cultural perspectives of art movements and social connections.
There is no additional information to display at this time.