Hi I have a speech outline about hypnosis in adjunct to anesthesia, I have to include Transitions, internal previews, internal summaries and sign-p
SPECIFIC PURPOSE: To inform my audience about the
major uses of hypnosis.
THESIS: The major uses of hypnosis are to control
pain in surgery, to help people stop smoking and to help students improve their
- Hypnosis is used in surgery as an adjunct to chemical
- Hypnosis reduces both the physical and psychological
aspects of pain.
- Hypnosis can double a
person's pain threshold.
- It also reduces the fear that
intensifies physical pain.
- Hypnosis is most useful in cases when the patient is known
to have problems with general anesthesia.
- Quotation from Dr. Harold
Wain of the Mayo Clinic.
- Story of Linda Kuay.
- Statistics from Psychology Today.
In addition to the use of hypnosis in
surgery as an adjunct to chemical anesthesia and the most useful cases when the
patient is known to have problems with general anesthesia. I will now discuss
the use of hypnosis to help people stop smoking.
- Hypnosis is used to help people stop smoking.
- Many therapists utilize hypnosis to help people break
their addiction to cigarettes.
- The U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services considers hypnosis a safe and effective means of
- Success rates are as high as
- Story of Alex Hamilton.
- Quotation from New York
psychiatrist Dr. Herbert Spiegel.
- Hypnosis does not work for all smokers.
- A person must want to stop
smoking for hypnosis to work.
- A person must also be
responsive to hypnotic suggestion.
- Hypnosis is used to help students improve their
- Hypnosis enables people to use their minds more
- The conscious mind utilizes
about 10 percent of a person's mental ability.
- Hypnosis allows people to tap
more of their mental power.
- Studies show that hypnosis can help people overcome
many obstacles to academic success.
- It improves ability to
- It increases reading speed.
- It reduces test anxiety.
ost in the speech. This is what I have done so far. can you help me