Each year Fortune magazine publishes a "Most Admired"
list of the top companies in the United States. Firms are rated on these
eight dimensions: innovativeness, quality of management, long-term
investment value, social responsibility to the community and the
environment, people management, quality of products and services,
financial soundness, wise use of corporate assets, and, if
international, a ninth dimension: effectiveness in doing business
For this assignment, select a familiar organization (you are
encouraged to select an organization in which you have been employed for
at least 6 months). Then, choose one of the eight dimensions used to
rate top U.S. companies in which the organization appears to be
underperforming. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides) that
addresses the following:
- Identify a major issue the organization is facing and in which
dimension (of the eight identified above) it is underperforming. Explain
the ramifications the underperformance is currently having on the
organization. Identify the likely consequence of failure to improve in
the selected dimension.
- Analyze the relevance of the current organizational structure,
design, and culture and their influence on organizational effectiveness,
especially in relationship to the dimension in which the organization
- Determine whether the organization embodies the principles and
values of conscious culture and management and its relevance to
improving organizational function.
- Present a plan to bring about necessary improvement using Kotter's 8-step change model.
- Address possible challenges to the suggested change and your plans for managing those challenges.
- Explain how different subsystems need to be realigned in order to bring about the change.
- Detail any lessons learned and evaluate strategies that you as a
manager will either avoid or engage in when designing the structure,
building culture, and managing change in your organization.
- Present evidence from at least three scholarly articles to support your position and proposed change initiative.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment,
solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references
should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be
found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for
successful completion.Rubric attached
Organisation chosen is MD anderson cancer center