Prepare a 4–5-page report in which you identify three functional areas you believe are essential for organizational success. Explain the purpose of each functional area and how the purpose supports organizational goals. In addition, describe the organizational structure best suited for the functional areas, and explain how the functional areas support continued organizational success.
The functional areas within a business or organization contribute to the smooth and effective running of the business. Although the number and names of the functional areas vary from organization to organization, there are five that are key in almost every organization: Human Resources, Accounting and Finance, Sales and Marketing, Production and Operations, and Information Technology (IT) Systems.SHOW LESS
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the underlying principles of successful business.
- Explain the primary purpose of the essential functional areas of an organization.
- Explain how the purpose of the essential functional areas supports organizational goals.
- Describe the relationship between organizational structure and its essential functional areas.
- Explain how the essential functional areas promote continued organizational success.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for the field of business.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.SHOW LESS
- Write coherently using correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Use evidence to support a central idea in a consistently appropriate APA format.
- What can organizational structure tell you about a company's values and goals?
- Is it possible for a large, successful company like Apple to drastically change its organizational structure?
- What advantage might there be in making a change in organizational structure