Case Study 1: Generative Software Development
assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written report and a
PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as
separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file
name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Written Report
the case study titled, “Generative Software Development” located in
Chapter 5 of the textbook. Then, imagine a situation where your
organization is considering a generative development process for its new
line of software products. You are asked to present a written report to
the organization’s CIO about generative software development and its
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
in your own words, what is meant by generative software development,
and describe how it contrasts with other software development processes.
- Describe the benefits of applying the generative development in an organization.
- Explain the challenges of implementing the generative software development process in an organization.
- Describe how the challenges faced during the implementation of the generative software development process can be overcome.
- Examine how this development process might be applied to develop software in the organization.
at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of this assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
have also been asked to develop a presentation to be shown at the next
shareholder’s convention to explain why the organization has chosen to
implement a generative development process.
Prepare a seven to ten (7-10) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize the main points in the written report.
bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the shareholders in the
Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any
fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in
this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
- Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and apply the steps in producing the software architecture.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
clearly and concisely about advanced software engineering topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.