CAN ONLY $2.00
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least 8, but no more than 10 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- The source of the concept for this assignment must be a published nursing theory. Non-nursing theories may NOT be used.
- Ideas and information from scholarly, peer reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
- PLEASE note: Do not rely on .com sites to identify the nursing theory as they do not provide accurate information in all cases.
4.A minimum of 6 (six) scholarly references must be used. Required textbooks for this course, and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. A dictionary maybe used as a reference for the section titled “Definition/Explanation of the selected nursing concept”, but it is NOT counted as one of the 6 required scholarly nursing references. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see “What is a scholarly source” located in the Course Resources tab. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided.
References are current - within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them.
- Paper length: 6 pages minimum; 8 pages maximum, excluding title page and reference page. Points will be deducted for not meeting these requirements.