Simulate budgeting transportation
http://www.sfbudgetczar.com/#This is a challenge for me. Short brief answers
- From the booklet Critical Issues in Transportation, the sections
- Finance (pp. 5-6),
- Equity (pp. 6-7),
- Institutions (pp. 9-10), and
- Human and Intellectual Capital (pp. 10-11)
- Use the budget simulation San Francisco Budget Czar. Follow the instructions at the top of the webpage and complete your budget for San Francisco’s transportation infrastructure.
Next, post to the discussion board:
- A summary of your budget and a budget justification. You should use the reference material from this module to justify your budget:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Answers the following question:
- If you maintain current revenue (no change to revenue, use only the gray circles), try to create a budget that will support all top-tier projects, moderately increase the operations budget and moderately increase the programs budget. What operations or program item(s) would you eliminate to balance the budget? Your answer should explain why you made this choice.
- If you maintain current revenue, can you increase aggressively the budgets for the six public transportation programs? San Francisco attracts many tourists who will require public transportation to visit the city. What new projects can be added while keeping a balanced budget?