Max Points: 280
Nursing education - academic setting - nursing students
Class topic - Nursing Theories - 4 1 hours sessions
Complete this assignment according to the following:
- Design a class that you would like to teach someday. The class must be at least 4 hours in length and must be multiple sessions. It can be four sessions of 1 hour each, or two sessions of 2 hours each, depending on your topic and target audience.
- Begin by describing the institution that is sponsoring the class (e.g., academic, hospital, or community agency). Include the philosophy of the sponsoring organization and how that will affect the course you are developing.
- Explain how you determined a need for this class (needs assessment).
- Write a one-paragraph description of the class.
- Identify the target audience.
- Identify the learning resources you will use for the class (textbooks or other resources).
- Write the program outcomes for the course and the learner objectives for each class session. Indicate which domains of learning are represented by each learner objective.
There is no predetermined length criterion for this assignment. It is intended that each student will develop a class that they can use in their selected area of education. You will complete this project in your next course, NUR-649E.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
FYI - example guide lines
For the 4-hour Leadership course, you will actually be designing the course. You are required to develop the objectives, using the ABCD tool, and then create learning activities that will meet those objectives, while addressing the varied learning styles (visual, kinesthetic, and auditory). You will also discuss how you will evaluate learning for those activities (test, quiz, oral presentation, etc).
For instance, one objective may be:
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define (verb) four leadership styles (content application)
For this objective, you may choose activities that address all of the learning styles. For the verbal learners you may provide a short presentation where you state and describe the styles. Then students will get into groups and discuss each leadership style and what kind of style they prefer or have experienced. Finally, you may provide a matching game where the kinesthetic learners will benefit from the action of the game, or do charades to act out each leadership style. You may choose to break each learning style up into groups and each do a different activity at the same time. You are the Director! Be creative. Just make sure your choices are evidence-based:-)
These is just quick a example. Remember this is a 4-hour Leadership course, so think of timing and meeting your objectives. Be sure to describe the activity and why you chose it.