a brief :
there is two floors , and fire will happen in the middle of the room , there is two exits and you have to count the time . it is all explained in the attached docs
* i will attach the assignment structure for yourself that you should stick to word by word .
* it should be based on United kingdom standard.
* i will also attach examples that my friends did last year but they didnt get good grade , i want you to follow their structure but try your best to get me higher marks .
the question :
Part A – 50%
- On the basis of the plans and information provided below determine the Required Safe Escape Time (RSET) from the MEZZANINE area following the guidance of BS7974 (i.e. perform the RSET part of an ASET-RSET calculation).
- Provide a commentary alongside the calculation that discusses the calculation process and explains each of the different terms/elements used, their importance and provide justification for your choice.
Part B - 50%
- For the same case explain how the Available Safe Escape Time (ASET) could be determined. You should discuss the different approaches that could be used, potential design fire scenarios and the criteria (e.g. Tenability limits) that could be used to determine the ASET. Please note that an actual ASET calculation is not a requirement of this assignment.
When answering Parts A and B above the following information should be used:
- The area in question is a storage warehouse for building materials (which may include combustible materials).
- The building will have dimensions 60m by 52m by 14m high (See Figure 1).
- The building will have two exits (each 1.8m wide) from the ground floor (See Figure 1).
- The building will only be accessed by trained staff and not members of the public
- The owner of the warehouse wants to add a mezzanine floor (see area in red on Figure 2).
- The floor of the mezzanine will be located 9m above the ground floor level.
- The mezzanine will be occupied by up to 20 members of staff and there will be no disabled access.
- A single open stair (1.8m wide) will be the only way to access/exit the mezzanine (see Figure 2).
- Important note: the plans do not show the location of storage/obstacles. You should ensure that your calculations/discussion etc. take account of this.
( the picture is attached with the same details in the folder of the structure )
The word limit is 1,500 words (+/-10%) for each part of the assignment. This excludes footnotes but includes quotations. The word count must be printed on the top right hand corner of your work.
- You must answer the question set
- You must keep to the word limit of 1,500 words for each part
- You must demonstrate that you have met the learning outcomes
- As you construct and present your work, consider the assessment criteria
It is your responsibility to ensure that your work is neatly and accurately presented.
The work must be:
- Single sided
- 1.5 or double line spaced
- Ariel 12 point font
- Page numbered
- On A4 paper
- Margins left and right 3cm
- Attached to a cover sheet.
Marks may be deducted for failure to follow these instructions. Please look at the Student Guide to Assessment for more information.
All academic writing must be referenced. If you use other people’s ideas without referencing them you are plagiarising their work.
Use the Harvard system of referencing within your text. This will take the form: surname, year of publication, page number, and is enclosed within brackets, for example (Bradley 1998, 277). At the end of your essay you should provide an alphabetical list of all the works you cite
Use the Numeric System of referencing within your text. At every point in the text where a reference is made, insert a number (in brackets or superscript) and then list the references numerically at the end of your work.
The use of work produced for another purpose by you, working alone or with others, must be acknowledged.
Copying from the works of another person (including Internet sources) constitutes plagiarism, which is an offence within the University’s regulations. Brief quotations from the published or unpublished works of another person, suitably attributed, are acceptable. You must always use your own words except when using properly referenced quotations.
You are advised when taking notes from books or other sources to make notes in your own words, in a selective and critical way.
please note i want you to follow the folder i attached as " the assignment structure " as it has the picture of the question in details. also review the attached file as an example