In order to earn maximum points, this assignment should be completed as a professional report. A professional report should contain a cover page, table of contents, executive summary, and headings to organize the document.
Downlaod and use my template here to get started: Lab7_Template_YourFirstName_YourLastName.docx
Examples of Quality of Work Expected:
Create a Professional report called Lab7_YourLastName.docx.
- In a professional multi-page report state your preferred (Mobile Phone platform development environment for the Final Project Windows, Mac (I-Phone), Or Android.
- If you do not wish to program from a mobile phone, what type of game programming application would you like to explore (if any)?
- In addition, briefly describe your plans to for beginning the development process.
- That is, explain your step by step plan to help you prepare to develop your application (i.e. create Word Algorithm, Flow Chart, create IPO, research application requirements...).
- The key is to understand that much planning takes place before the first line of code is ever written.
- In the Final Project, I will be offering another Option that keeps things simpler…Your task will be to create a C++ Restaurant that allows you to order food from a menu, calculates your bill, and receives payment and creates a receipt. If you prefer the restaurant project, let me know in report as well.
This was the program I was given as a Final Project to help me better understand the coding process years ago. Create a C++ Restaurant that allows you to order food from a menu, calculates your bill (with tax), receives tip (if any), and receives payment amount (cash, credit/debit), and creates a receipt. (Allow user to repeat process should the user desire to order more, or exit the program, if they press an exit condition of your choice.)
• Don't forget functionality for handling “Tips”. 20% is a suggested tip amount as many food service workers work below minimum wage and rely on tips to live.
Assume Texas Sales and Use Tax rate of 8.25%
Set the precision of the dollar amount consistent with that of US dollar format: e.g. $12.57
Restaurant Additional specifications:
*There should be at least 10 menu items. Green Tea should be at least one of those menu items.
*The program should allow me to order more than once until I put in a program exit condition. Each new order should give me a fresh menu count (reset values back to 0, fresh start with each loop) and generate a unique receipt based upon the items ordered (Be sure to communicate both the continue condition, and the exit condition to the user).
*For maximum points, generate an HTML receipt in addition to the on-screen receipt.
*While arrays are quite efficient, use an, object-oriented menu paradigm over arrays for maximum points.
*Additionally, make the int main() .cpp cleaner by defining header files for classes and/or function definitions used within.
*Extra Challenge: For the picky eater or someone with dietary restrictions, it might be necessary to allow a variable to hold "special preparation instructions." Show this information on the screen receipt and within the HTML receipt.
- You will also be given an option to use your knowledge of C++ to Solve a problem of your choice.
- You may also design a Game in C++ or any platform that you choose. As long as the product will play on a Dr. T Windows Machine.
- Be sure to add several comments to the proposal report that describe the nature of the problem, and how you program will seek to solve the problem.
- This is a Project Proposal such that you would be presenting to a client. Be sure to attach needed documents such as a Flow Chart, Algorithm, or other documents to make your case.
- Attaching a Multi-Page report with a Table of Contents, Headings to Organize Thoughts, and a Cover Page would be considered very good Wow! factor in my book, thus allowing for maximum possible points.
1. Download, install, and/or Bookmark the Resources below in preparation for your Final Project.
GAME PROGRAMMING Resources
Design a Mobile Phone App for any Platform:
Upload your Lab7_YourLastName.docx file for grading.