Case Study 2: Why Six-Sigma Efforts Do Not Apply to Software
the case study titled, “Why Six-Sigma Efforts Do Not Apply to Software”
located in Chapter 9 of the textbook and consider a situation where you
are working for a large software development company that is
considering applying the Six-Sigma quality constraints to the software
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
the Six-Sigma quality constraints and provide a justification as to why
the software development company should consider it.
- Compare and contrast quality control processes for both hardware and software.
the arguments presented in the case study and evaluate their
applications to control the quality of software produced in the
- Propose a testing strategy for a software development project that ensures high quality of the software delivered.
the idiosyncrasies of software, and explain why software needs a
different set of rules for testing and for quality control as opposed to
those used in hardware.
- Use at least three (3) quality
resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do
not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast testing techniques and concepts to include functional, performance, acceptance, and installation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
clearly and concisely about advanced software engineering topics using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.