1. list the main points of the Compromise of 1850 and explain why it was such an issue to solve the debate over the newly acquired states to be free of slavery or not. write about whether you think the compromise was strong enough to bring forth the issue of slavery. Why or why not?
2. record the events that led to the Civil War and the status of the opposing side.
3. list the results of each major battle fought and conclude how they altogether influenced the outcomes of the war.
4. Discuss the role and influence of the Native Americans and African Americans in the Civil War. Examine the textbook and other provided sources and write an analysis. Your first paragraph should include information about the participation of these two groups as soldiers in the Civil War (including but not limited to why they were admitted, which side they fought for, how they were treated etc.). In the second paragraph, include your own theories about how the war may have turned out without the help of these two parties.
5. Culture- How were African Americans being granted liberties and rights change American life and culture?
6. Economic- How was the economy affected by the reconstruction? Were there any new programs implemented?
7. Geography- Which states seceded and how? In what areas? Who was affected?
8. organize your ideas of how the South was restored to the Union and Reconstruction began.
First Industrial Era
9. As you read about the developments in the mining industry, list the locations of mining booms and the discoveries made there
10. list the ways the government encouraged settlement.
11. What do you think best-encouraged people to move West during the 1800s?