1. HTM 100 (Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management)
Discussion: Meetings, Conventions, and Expositions (20 points)
- For sales professionals, familiarization (FAM) trips are very important to closing the sale with a meeting, convention, or exposition organizer. Determine five key strategies a sales manager would need to show a meeting, convention, or exposition organizer during a FAM trip to close the sale.
- During busy times of the year, a hotel, convention center, or meeting hall may have more demand than meeting space available. When your demand for rooms is greater than the number of rooms you have available, discuss how a sales team would determine which customers to take and which to refer to other establishments.
2. POL 300 (Contemporary International Problems)
"Coping with Terrorism" Please respond to the following:
- Is the United States making progress in reducing or preventing terrorism? Explain your answer.
- If the United States is NOT making progress, what would have to happen to make the efforts against terrorism more effective?
- If the United States IS making progress, to what do you attribute this success?
3. POL 110 (U.S Government)
"Presidential Elections and Peaceful Transitions" Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Describe key campaign strategies that a U.S. presidential candidate can use in order to ascend to presidency in today’s political environment. Then, compare at least two such successful strategies that were used in the past by U.S. presidential candidates.