Write a 3–5-page analysis of the leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders, based on a leader you admire and on leadership approaches addressed in a provided illustration.
Becoming an effective leader is a very personal and individual experience. Each great leader carries out his or her leadership practices differently. Yet, several common leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders have been identified through the study and theories of leadership.SHOW LESS
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate the purpose and relevance of leadership.
- Analyze leadership styles and characteristics to determine effective leadership.
- Compare individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
- Competency 2: Evaluate how leadership strengths apply in the workplace and within the community.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- Analyze the environmental and societal factors that influence leadership style.
- Analyze the economic conditions that influence leadership style.
- Which leader has had the most positive influence in your daily life?
- In what ways has this person contributed to your life?