Read the Case "The Walt Disney Company: Its Diversification Strategy in 2012?" and perform the following analysis:
(This case is not in your textbook. You can access the case attached (it is also in the course materials tab for Module 3)).
- What is the Walt Disney Company's corporate strategy?
- What is your assessment of the long-term attractiveness of the industries represented in Walt Disney Company's business portfolio?
- What is your assessment of the competitive strengths of Walt Disney Company's different business units?
- What does a Nine-cell Industry Attractiveness/Business Strength Matrix for Walt Disney Company look like?
- Evaluate the financial and operating performance of the Walt Disney Company.
Chapters 8 in your textbook provide detailed discussion of the topic/tool (Portfolio analysis) that you would need to know in order to complete this assignment.
Save your work in Word (.doc). Upload and submit it via the link by the end of Week 6.
1. For question 1, The first three pages of your response is irrelevant and priscriptive. You must simply focus on answering the assignment question. Please refrain from lecturing on the concepts.
2.you MUST only use the data in the case rather than using outside sources. You must also use "Footnotes" throughout the paper to linbk your analysis to the materials in the textbook.