next incoming President and his or her key homeland security team that evaluates
the historical trajectory of homeland security policies and provides
recommendations for the future pursuit of homeland security goals.
This briefing will be part of the official transition briefings for the incoming
President of the United States (POTUS) and must include your evaluation and
recommendations regarding the pursuit of homeland security objectives, with
support from academic references.
Include the following in your presentation:
- A minimum of four principles of leadership to shape, change, and improve
homeland security and emergency management policies and practices.
- Use a minimum of four qualitative and quantitative research studies,
academic writings, and applied research references to support your analysis
- Provide a rationale for your recommendations to the incoming POTUS, based
on the assigned Readings for this unit along with additional scholarly
- Cite all sources in proper APA format, and reference them in the last
slides of your presentation.
- Your minimum of 20 slides requirement is excluding your introduction and
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Limit slides to between six and eight lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet
points as though you are presenting to an audience, using APA formatting and
**NOTE: Your PowerPoint presentation needs to be clear and concise. It
should not have too many words on any one PowerPoint slide. As a rule of thumb,
if you cannot easily read the text in back of a large room, you have too many
words on that page.
Access the Writing Center for more tips on how to
create PowerPoint presentations.
Compose your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint and save it in the following
format: Last name First name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn_Unit1_Assignment1).
Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 1: Assignment 1 in the Dropbox by
the end of Unit 1.