1) What message was the film trying to convey?
2) Was food, or the kitchen, a metaphor for some things in the film, and if so, what?(love, character, family, sensuality, hope, change, ambition, revenge, joy, depression,etc.) How could you tell what the food, or kitchen, was a metaphor for –what actionsof the characters indicated your choice?
3) How did the film change your thinking about a particular issue or aspect of your life?4) What were the films mainthematic elements?5) How does the film’s setting affect the movie? (think about where it is set, what time
of year, when in time, historical events, etc.)
6) How did the lighting affect the film? Was it is dark, light, red, green, etc. and whatdoes the coloring/lighting have to do with the theme? (as an example –think about theDr. Suess Cat In The Hat movie with Mike Myers -neon colors were used to set a tonefor the zany and unexpected happenings)
7) Which genre of film was it –animation, documentary, foreign and subtitled, closedcaptioned –and how does this impact your viewing of the film?
8) What impact does character development have on your viewing of the film?
9) What is the speed of the story development and how does this impact your viewingof the film?
10) What are the impacts of any of the following: costuming, music, visual appeal, etc.?
11) After thinking about 1 –10 above in regards to each of the films –now comparethe films-what similarities did you see in the way food and cooking were portrayed?What differences? Were there any words or images that linked the two movies? Whatabout emotions?
12) Contrast the two films. How was food portrayed differently in the two films? Didthe presentation of food change from one film to the other? Did food, cooking, and thekitchen have different meaning in the films?