Develop a proposal for creating a sports or recreation program. The
program may be of whatever type you choose (public, private, community,
high school, collegiate, youth, adult, semi-professional, professional,
sports, fitness, competitive, recreational). Focus on the management
aspects of the program and demonstrate the concepts learned throughout
the course. Design the program based on the chapters covered in the
course textbook, the topics from the weekly discussions, the standards
of operation in the sports and recreation industry, and your personal
experiences. Through the proposal, demonstrate a culmination of your
learning in SRM 320:
- Present the required components of the program that you are
proposing. Develop the components from the topics covered in the course
text and the weekly discussions.
- Explain why each aspect of the program is important to the
management of the program. Show critical thinking in your explanations.
- Include an argument for the creation of the program. In your argument, define the benefits of participation in the program.
- Create a realistic budget for the program. Use applicable research in preparing the budget.
Illustrate integrative learning in outlining the components of the
program, their importance and why the program should be developed.
Integrate research from the course text, other academically appropriate
resources, and personal experiences.
Include eight to ten pages of written content, in addition to the title
page and references page. Format according to APA standards and include a
minimum of three scholarly sources. Write clearly and organize the
assignment logically, according to academic standards.
Writing the Proposal
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of Paper
- -Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least three professional resources (beyond the textbook).
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is
completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.