Assignment 1: Discussion—Career Management and Training
As your workforce continues to age, training professionals are at the forefront of designing and delivering programs that can assist employees in managing their current career as well as preparing for their retirement.
In this assignment, you will review how the rapidly changing workforce demographic is challenging training professionals to look at various approaches. You will discuss various approaches that may be an option for your organization.
Given the increasing age of your workforce, respond to the following:
- Can retirees be as valuable as part-time employees in an organizational hiring strategy? Why? Defend your response.
- What might be the challenges in developing training programs for the retirees? Why?
- By Week 4, Day 3, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Week 4, Day 7, respond to at least two of your classmates' posts. While responding, focus on expanding the discussion to include commentary and analysis of what your classmates are saying.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.