Students will perform a strategic plan on a company, from the list provided below. Students may not select a company of their own choosing.
- Natura Cosmeticos SA [NBB: NUACF]
- Haier Electronics Group [HONG KONG: HREL_Y]
- Dollar Tree [NMS: DLTR]
- Danaher Corp. [NYSE: DHR]
In completing the assignment, students will perform research on the company provided, answer the questions below in narrative form and follow the steps provided below:
Step 1: Create a double-spaced, 12-point font Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document. The final product will be no more than 20 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
Step 2: Review assignment grading rubric.
Step 3: Follow this format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name;
- Comprehensive Written Analysis:
- Reference page
Step 4: In writing the analysis, the writing is in the third person. What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link:http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person
Step 5: In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. View the sample APA paper under Week 4 content and How to Cite and Reference, also under Week 4 content.
Step 6: In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes unless citing the mission statement of a company. Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this link: https://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/QPA_paraphrase2.html
Step 7: Read all course material for weeks 1 and 2 and perform independent research to provide a comprehensive strategic plan.
Step 8: Jot down key facts. Consider making an outline to capture key points in the paper.
Step 9: In the paper, the comprehensive strategic plan will include:
- vision and mission
- background organization
- industry analysis
- competitive analysis
- financial analysis - not copied data from internet
- technique analysis - IFE, EFE, CPM, BCG matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix, and QSPM
- alternative strategy generation
- SWOT analysis
- strategy and prioritization selection
- action plan for implementation
- evaluative plan
In developing the plan, students will:
- Identify strategies;
- Discuss strategies used at corporate, business and function levels using the concepts learned in the course;
- Recommend specific strategies and long-term objectives;
- Recommend procedures for strategy review and evaluation;
- Use frameworks and tools discussed throughout the course.
Step 10: Identify strategy recommendations using the following format for the formulation of strategies. View Strategy Content Guidelines.
Step 11: Create an introductory paragraph. The Introduction should clearly and concisely convey the main points of the assignment requirements. Review the following website to learn how to write an introductory paragraph: http://www.writing.ucsb.edu/faculty/donelan/intro.html
Step 12: Write a summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main idea(s) of the essay. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the essay is complete. The summary paragraph is the last paragraph of a paper.
Step 13: Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.
Step 14: Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a first measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills to proof the paper;
- Consider submitting the paper to the Effective Writing Center (EWC). The EWC will provide 4-6 areas that may need improvement.
i am group 2
Group Member One
2.Vision and Mission
3. Industry Analysis
Group Member Two
1. Competitive Analysis
2. Financial Analysis
3. Technical Analysis – IFE, EF, CPM BCG matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix, and QSPM
Group Member Three
1. Alternative Strategy Generation
2. SWOT analysis
Group Member Four
1. Strategy and prioritization selection
2. Action plan for implementation
3. Evaluative plan